Friday, 24 August 2012

Goodbye and Hello!

So it's goodbye from me, and it's goodbye from him!



Lots of hugs. Lots of tears. Lots of laughs. Lots of love. That's how I'd describe the past few days. I am very blessed to have such loving, caring friends and family. And I am blessed to be off travelling with the very best one of them :-) He knows who he is, and how much I love him.

I'm writing this as I teeter amongst the rush hour commuters on the Piccadilly line, who regard my tank top, linen trousers and straw hat ensemble with a mixture of pleasure, indifference or envy. They matter not! Soon we will fly!

UPDATE!! Having arrived at Heathrow a kindly gentleman with tricological issues (comb-over) tells us that our flight is delayed for 13, yes THIRTEEN hours! What was the city I thought least likely I would be spending the first night of my round the world tour? London. Which city am I spending the first night of my round the world tour in? London. Am laughing as I write this.

Now at the 'hotel-by-bus' desk, a frankly nonplussed gentleman from Toronto is trying to contain his murderous mood as a Virgin Atlantic representative attempts to persuade him to spend the night in the Park Inn hotel round the back of the airport, where, given we will be back at Heathrow at 7am tomorrow, we will be resting our heads too.

Thankfully, all is saved when Roman and his eagle-eyed laser-assisted vision spots an M&S Simply Food! We dash in with the glad cries of two tormented souls bent on inebriating ourselves from this grim fandango and go wild in the aisles, instinctively dividing our skills so that I head straight for the bubbly section to stock up on cheap fizz and freshly squeezed OJ whilst Ro investigates grain-based snacks and saucy salsas in a manner all who know him will be accustomed to. We retire with our haul, temporarily defeated but not disheartened, to our corporate-funded abode.



9pm - It's Bucks Fizz all round at the Park Inn. Room fine. Food fine (indeed, chef wields his carver with consummate aplomb). View from the window leaves less to be desired. Although clear sight of mobile phone mast within 30 metres means mobile reception is not in doubt.




11pm - Ro and I are very pissed. Ro has passed out (standard). I am wide awake and not inclined to write anymore. Ro now snoring ++. Thankfully I have self-prescribed Zolpidem in anticipation of such issues. Earplugs in. Bliss :) Definite airplane hangover tomorrow. Hydration and co-codamol will be key I feel. Thankfully this is all at hand. 'night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment